David J. Elbaz joined Kopple & Klinger in 2001 and was admitted as a partner in the firm in 2008. David’s practice centers on developing integrated estate, business and tax planning strategies for high-net worth individuals and business owners. In the estate planning context, David focuses on implementing estate plans that address personal and family goals and minimize or eliminate estate taxes. David also works with entrepreneurs in connection with business formation, business and real estate transactions and serves as general counsel for several of his client’s closely-held private companies.
Prior to joining Kopple & Klinger, David was a tax associate in the Los Angeles office of PricewaterhouseCoopers and a corporate law associate in a large Los Angeles law firm.
David is a member of the L.A. County and Beverly Hills Bar Associations, in their Trusts and Estates, Business Law and Taxation Sections.
- Elected as President of the Beverly Hills Estate Planning Council for the 2016-2017 season
- Presenter, California Applicants’ Attorneys Association (topic: Succession Planning for Small Law Firms)
- Presenter, National Business Institute (topic: Estate Planning from A to Z)
- Presenter, USC Tax Institute (topic: Integrating Various Business Succession and Wealth Transfer Planning Techniques)
- Presenter, Appraisal Institute’s IRS Valuation Summit (topic: Partial Interest Valuation Discounts)
- Presenter, Beverly Hills Estate Planning Council (topic: Trust and Estate Law Updates)
- Presenter, National Business Institute (topic: Entity Selection for Small Business Owners)
- Selected as a “Super Lawyer – Rising Star” in a survey conducted by Law and Politics Media, Inc. and published in Los Angeles Magazine (2008 – 2012).
- Recipient of John Olin Fellowship in Law and Economics at Georgetown University Law Center