Robert C. Kopple co-founded the firm Kopple and Klinger in 1992, but has been specializing in estate planning, taxation, and business law his entire career. He is highly respected for his skill in assisting clients with complex estate and gift tax issues and issues inherent in the transfer of family wealth and family businesses. Bob also represents non-citizens and non-residents of the United States in a variety of challenging estate and tax issues. He has written extensively on these subjects and has lectured on them throughout the country and abroad.
Prior to co-founding Kopple and Klinger in 1992, Bob practiced at a top national law firm in their Los Angeles office. His articles on taxation have been published in Major Tax Planning, the Proceedings of the New York University Tax Institute, the Journal of Taxation, Taxes Magazine, Taxation for Accountants, Trusts and Estates, the Los Angeles Bar Journal, and elsewhere. Bob also co-authored a book entitled, “Taxation of the Motion Picture Industry.” He has lectured on taxation for the University of Southern California Tax Institute, California Continuing Education of the Bar, the Practicing Law Institute, the California CPA Foundation, ALI-ABA, the New York University Tax Institute, University of Miami Institute on Estate Planning, the New York Law Journal, Title Insurance and Trust Company Forum, Beverly Hills National Bank Annual Estate Planning forum, and others.
He has been an instructor in the Advanced Professional Program at the University of Southern California Law Center. He has for several years taught a class throughout the State for the California CPA Education Foundation on the subject of Advanced Estate Planning Techniques.Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Member, Planning Committee of the Annual Institute of Federal Taxation of the University of Southern California
- Beverly Hills Bar Association (former Chairman, Tax Committee; former Member, Board of Governors)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (former Chairman: Income Tax Committee; former Tax Section Member)
- State Bar of California (former Chairman, Tax Section)
- Taxation Advisory Commission to the California Board of Legal Specialization (former Member)
- Lecturer on Tax Law, University of Southern California School of Law
- Associate Editor, DePaul Law Review (1967)